Tuesday, May 30, 2017

An Excuse to do Art

Have you ever been working on your house or have projects to get done for you wife and it's keeping you from your art? Well, that is how I feel. I have projects that I really need to get done on my house, mow the yard, replace siding on the outside, put new stone on the porch, woodworking and about everything else you can think of, but you can't seem to sit down and just draw or work on a photo.

The wife and I went to Jim Cray Gallery in Gatlinburg this weekend and I was mesmerized by his artwork. It makes me want to go home and start painting something, or finish paintings I have already started but are afraid to work on. The fear of working on your own paintings will be a topic for the next blog, so I digress.

Always try to make time for your passions, if it be art, woodworking or just messing with some images in Photoshop, just do it!

No comments: